Sunday, November 1, 2009

Laundry Day

It's a quiet Sunday and after some recovery from the last two nights of Halloween festivities. It's time to do some laundry for the studio - linens. As many of you already know, I use only the most earth-friendly products, whenever possible. That means on all non-critical surfaces and when it comes to the linens, I use Seventh Generation laundry detergent. I really like the Blue Eucalyptus & Lavender scent. It smells really clean and natural. I also add 1 to 3 scoops of oxygen powder , depending on how soiled the load is, instead of bleach, set the dial to "soak" and leave it for a minimum of 30 minutes so the whole wash has a chance to get really, really clean - and it does! Super fresh and ultra white.

Only the very best choices make you feel great. I truly believe that it is the care we take, the careful choices with even the smallest of details, that sometimes make the biggest impact in life. That is definitely why I wash the 100% organic cotton linens for Citizen Skin (and also my personal laundry) in products that I feel are not only good for me but good for all of us. Maybe that's also why when I am doing the laundry, I feel it's a love letter to my clients and mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment